Saturday, July 01, 2006

My Comics!!!

Greetings once again citizens!!!

I have decided to review all the comic book titles I currently collect, and tell you why I don't collect the ones absent from this list. The pros and cons of being a fan boy and picking sides, DC or Marvel, or even some of those crazy Dark Horse buggers. I'll even tell you why Ultimate X-MEN sucks now but had a great 40 or so issue run, we will try to find out what happened there. Even Ultimate Spider-man has faltered last arc or two, I'll be blogging about those arcs and where I think the series is going.

Anyways, these are the titles I'm collecting right now and will be reviewing:

Astonishing X-MEN
Amazing Spider-man
Ultimate Spider-man
The Ultimates
The New Avengers
Civil War
Civil War: Frontline
52
Green Lantern
The Flash: Fastest Man Alive
Superman
Action Comics

That be the list as it is now, more may be added, I am not a sentimental person, if a title sucks for a couple or arcs or I see no future in it being good any time soon it is cut immediately! Unlike fan boys, I don't try to justify crap. If it sucks, then I will say so in my review. Take for example Ultimate X-MEN, it has sucked for the last year, while Green Lantern has rocked! If it sucks, it sucks, if it's good, it's good. I'll give my criteria on my first review blog. Till then GOOD DAY CITIZENS and Happy Canada Day!

3 comments:

Jason Major said...

Hey Bob!

Are you thinking of getting Detective Comics- PAUL DINI writing Batman!

Jason Major

Jason Major said...

The comics I currently collect:
* Action Comics
* Superman
* Detective Comics
* Batman
* All-Star Superman
* Justice
Currently, the best-written title I'm reading has been Detective. Paul Dini, why couldn't your Batman Animated Series continue? WHY?

Jason Major said...

* I also collect 52- I actually have been enjoying that series- I wish each issue had MORE pages- there's a lot that can happen in a year. I suppose we're getting the "meat" of the story, though, rather than x superhero vs. y supervillain, which obviously happened 'Between issues'.
* I have an idea for a 52 mini-series:
* JOKER: 52 Pick-Up- After Batman leaves Gotham, Joker tries to figure out how to stay sane. It's revealed that the Joker is NOT crazy, but SANE- and he reverts to a 'secret identity' of Jack. We also find out when Harley becomes pregnant, Joker finds a way to MARRY Harley, then put her in a life-threatening situation where he can make an excuse for her needing surgery, causing an abortion- then blames her for the baby's death/'divorcing her', just so he can get a laugh.